Wednesday, October 14, 2009

SG6 - Baby Girl Card

For the 10/1 sketch over on Sketch Girl, I decided it was time to pull out the sewing machine! :) I've been oohing and aahing over all the cards I've seen with stitching, so I needed to try it out myself. Of course before you look at the picture...note that I haven't used a sewing machine in 10 years and it was just luck that I could thread it up correctly - LOL!! :) Here is the sketch to follow:
And this is the card I made:
I needed to make a baby card and unfortunately I don't have many baby stamps. I saw this really cute PP and decided to use the bird image instead of stamping. I embossed the pink card with dots, cut out the bird & used pop ups to make him stand out, and stitched the PP onto the green (I know it's not perfect - but that's what homemade is all about right?!?! :) ). For the finishing touch, I tied a pink button onto a looped piece of ribbon to make a bow. Pretty cute right?!?! :)

Jen P :)


1 comment:

  1. Love the stitching and button - you used my 2 favorite things :>) The bow is the perfect accent. Great take on the sketch too!

    ReplyDelete