Sunday, October 4, 2009

Papertrey Ink - WCMD Challenge #2

For the 2nd challenge on Papertrey Ink's Blog, we had to make a card inspired by Mexico. I don't know why...but I had so much trouble thinking up what to do. So I did some research online and looked up flowers from Mexico. The national flower is the Dahlia, so I decided to try making one with some of my paper punches. Here is the card I made:
The picture doesn't do it justice - sorry!! I used a Sizzix flower embossing plate on the yellow card, then used nesties to cut the rest. For the "dahlia" I used my large & small flower punches from SU. I punched 4 large and 2 small, then bent them up and put a button in the middle. I also rubbed the edges of the flower with darker pink chalk (hard to see in the pic!!). Oh and on the sides of the card, I used my new flourish punch from Martha Stewart - it was a steal at Christmas Tree Shops for only $3.99! :)

Jen P :)

Details: SU Paper - Barely Banana & Pretty in Pink; SU Ink - Rose Red; PP - K&Co; Misc - ribbon, nesties, SU flower punches

2 comments:

  1. That flower is perfect...you may need to make me some :>P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I lost your e-mail with your address on it. Please send me another e-mail to annie21211@yahoo.com so I can send you your Sketch Girl prize. So sorry!

    ReplyDelete