Sunday, July 11, 2010

Verve Seeing Stars & Color Throwdown Challenges

The monthly challenge at Verve is to make a card or project using the Seeing Stars set. I decided to combine that challenge with the Color Throwdown #100 challenge. PS - They have tons of awesome prizes they are giving away, one of which is a Verve prize so make sure you check it out!

So the color challenge is to use the following:
I had some real troubles using the pink...but I love the other colors! I started to make a card, but ended up making a gift tin for my boss's birthday!

I love this set from Verve...the stars are so fun...but I definitely need a star punch to go with it. I thought I had one, but after much searching I couldn't find one (I recently moved my stamping area and thought it was organized - LOL!) So I cut out all of the stars in Certainly Celery & Baja Breeze, using the bigger stars to make the smaller stars stand out. Then used my nesties for the main piece and ribbon to tie it on - yes that's where I hid the pink (in the knot)!! Still not sure about the pink, but it works!

Jen P :)

6 comments:

  1. what an adorable gift pail....Thanks for playing along with this special 100th Color Throwdown challenge !! Don't forget to "hop" around to all the blog stops and leave some love...this will make the members of the blog hop happy as well as increase your chances of winning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool way to give a candle as a gift! Love the sentiment panel you stamped! Thanks for playing along with the CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...what a cool gift idea. Loved your design with this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is such a cute little gift bucket! I love all of the stars!! So cute!

    Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the layering of stars...great idea...really makes them pop!! What a fun project :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just fabulous! Love all the layered stars!

    ReplyDelete