Friday, September 3, 2010

Fall Flowers

The challenge on Verve this month is to use an old release stamp set with a stamp set that was just released. Luckily my new stamps just arrived a few days ago so I couldn't wait to make something! When I saw the color challenge on LPS for this week, I was thinking pumpkins and halloween...but I decided to change it up and do a fall birthday card. Here are the colors:LPSC83
So I used these colors to make a card and treat "box" for my friend's birthday.

For the "old" Verve set, I used Circular Sayings and punched it out with a punch from SU to make a tab on the side. Then I stamped the flower with my "new" set Great Friend. It's definitely one of my favorites! For the background, I used a swirl embossing folder on kraft paper and then sponged it with orange ink to bring out the swirls. On the flowers, I couldn't find paper I liked so I made my own using LPS's Behind the Scenes stamp set (the dots on the flowers).
The treat "box" is actually a tub of candy that I bought at Target. I saw the container and thought it would be perfect for what I had in mind. I think it came out pretty good...here's a closeup of the flower on top of the "box".
I loved the glazed look for the flowers so I pulled out the old crystal effects I haven't used in forever. Amazingly, the tip is glued shut, but it's still good in the bottle!!

Jen P :)


3 comments:

  1. What a great set!!! The way you used the kraft is perfect and I really like the stamped flowers with the crystal effects. Such a fun way to dress up the candy container too. I can't wait to play with my own new Verve :>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your card (saw on Verve), but this treat box is even sweeter! So pretty. And thanks for the tip on using the SU punch with Circular Sayings. I just got that set, and I've had the punch for a long time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! I just love the all the leaves and your beautiful layered flower!

    ReplyDelete